Wednesday, March 2, 2011

An afternoon at Maymont

Well February has come and gone and I have clearly been slacking in my blogging resolution!  Life is such a blur this time of year.  Jacob is gone so much of the time working hard and I stay very busy keeping up with the kids.  We are all looking forward to the end of tax season, especially this year, because we have an extra special treat awaiting us come April 15th.  We are heading to Orlando for Spring Break!!  I cannot wait to get away and spend some much needed family time with my loves. 

This past Sunday we did get out and enjoy a most beautiful day at Maymont.  We went with some of our favorite neighbors and their children.  First we fueled up with some Krispy Kreme doughnuts because we knew we had a lot of walking ahead of us!  Our neighbors, Karen and Patrick, had never had a warm KK doughnut ever!!  Can you believe it?  They should be ashamed of themselves ;)  Unfortunately, the "Hot Doughnuts Now" sign wasn't lit when we pulled up.  The doughnuts were still delicious nonetheless.

Jacob met us at Maymont and we had the best time.  Thankfully, I remembered my camera and got some great shots!

  
We started off at the Children's farm.  The kids loved being so close to the animals!

Camryn posing with one fat and happy goat!

My little buddy enjoying the experience.  Love a boy in a baseball hat!


Then it was time for some mountain climbing.  The kids had fun climbing to the top!

Climbing hills just wasn't enough.  The kids had to try out some tree climbing too.  Maymont has the most magnificent tree that is perfect for climbing!


Camryn isn't much of a dare devil but she did give it a try. 

 

Jacob is definetly part monkey!  He was loving this tree.



Dawson and Ethan.  My child is never going to be as big as Ethan, right?  I'll just keep on with my wishful thinking :)



Sweet Jordan and her most excellent Mommy Karen in the background! 



Greyson...quite possibly the funniest kid I've ever met!!



Spending the day with great friends put a smile on our faces!


What a perfect end to the weekend!  We can't wait to go back very soon on another beautiful Spring day!

And just because these pictures are cute I will share them.  Jacob recently installed surround sound speakers in our living room and the kids thought climbing the ladder was hilarious.




Thankfully no injuries were sustained in the taking of these pictures :)  I love how kids are amused by
the simpliest things!

No comments:

Post a Comment